Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Heidecke Lake - May 4, 2009

Not much to tell. Fishing was pretty slow and the lake was getting more crowded as the day progressed.


I got there at 7:15 am and fished for quite a while before I had a fish hit. Whatever it was was small and didn't stay hooked. At least that gave me the confidence to keep throwing that minnow rap knowing that something would hit it. At about the same time I saw a troller catch a fish out in the middle of the lake.


About an hour later I had another fish on. It turned out to be a nice Walleye. Within the next 10 minutes I had 2 more of them in the boat - all nice fish.


But that was it for quite a while. Right before noon I caught a small Drum and that was all it took for me to pack things up and head for home.

The water temp was 57 to 61 and the sun was shining brightly. The wind started out of the east but had shifted to out of the south before I left. The parking lot was pretty crowded when I left too.




No comments:

Post a Comment